1 空所にあてはまる最も適当なものを選びましょう。 各1点×4＝4点
1. If I had had to do it, I ( ) it at that time.
a. would have done b. will do c. will have done d. would do
2.As her father was killed in the accident, she is not happy.
= If her father had not been killed in the accident, ( ).
a. she is happy now b. she would have been happy now
c. she would be happy now d. she were happier now
3. It is time he went to bed = ( )
a. I guess he has already been in bed. b. It so happened that he went to bed.
c. He ought to go to bed now. d. He went to bed at about this time.
4. If you had not helped them, they ( ) in Tokyo.
a. would still be b. will still be c. would have still gone d. will have still gone
2 ( )内に適当な語を入れましょう。 各2点×6＝12点
1.If I ( ) known it, I would ( ) told you the truth.
2. She asked me what I would do if she ( ) a boy.
3. What should you do if war ( )( ) break out?
4. He looks as if you ( )( ) a ghost.
5. It is ( ) time you ( ) to bed.
6. Jim is, as ( )( ) , a walking dictionary.
3 次のかっこ内を並び替えましょう。(解答は下方に) 各2点×2＝4点
1.[ not, water, no, it, grow, were, plant, for, ] 【1語不足している】
2.[ bought, this bag, would, I, I, wish, not, had, ] 【1語余分なものがある】
1 1.a. would have done (at that time ：「当時」⇒事実は過去なので、仮定法過去完了)
2.c. she would be happy now (now：「今」⇒事実は現在なので、仮定法過去)
3.c. He ought to go to bed now. (もう寝る時間ですよ。)
4.a. would still be (仮定法の帰結節で、in Tokyo につながるもの)
2 1.had have 2.were 3.were to 4.had seen 5.high went 6.it were
3 1. Were it not for water, no plant could grow.
( If は、倒置構文にすれば省略できる。しかし、帰結節のcould は必要。)
2. I wish I had not bought this bag. (would 余分）
( I wish に続く節は、助動詞の過去形を必要としません。)