1. If it had not been for your advice, she would have failed.
= ( )( ) your advice, she would have failed.
2. If it were not for your help, I could not do it.
= ( ) your help, I could not do it.
3. It's time to go to bed.
= It's time you ( ) to bed.
4. To hear him speak English, you would take him for an American.
= If you ( ) him ( ) English, you would take him for an American.
5. That man eats like a horse.
= That man eats as if he ( ) a horse.
6. But for his help, I could not do this work.
= ( )( )( )( ) his help, I could not do this work.
7. Without your help, I should have been unable to do it.
= ( ) it not been for your help, I ( ) not have done it.
8. Would that she were my wife.
= I ( ) she were my wife.
2 日本語の意味に合うように、かっこ内の語を適当な形にしましょう。2語になる場合もあります。5.6. は適当な語を入れてください。
1. I wish I ( know ) her name.
2. She talks as if she ( know ) everything.
3. He looks as if nothing ( happen ) yesterday.
4. With a little more money, I ( can ) buy the guitar.
5. ( ) a fire break out, what would you do?
6. If ( ) I had left home a little earlier!
( a little, money, could, the car, if, more, buy, with, you, )
1 1.But for 2.Without
[ If it had not been for (もし～がなかったら) = But for/Without]
[ If it were not for (もし～がなければ) = But for/Without]
3.went [It is ～time + 仮定法過去]
4.heard speak [to 不定詞が If 節の代わり]
5.were (was) [as if + 仮定法過去 (まるで～のように)]
6.Were it not for [Ifを省略したときの倒置形仮定法]
7.Had could [If it had not been for の If を省略したときの倒置形仮定法]
8.wish [would that (～でさえあればなあ)]
2 1.knew 2.knew 3.had happened 4.could 5.Should [仮定法未来の、Ifを省略したときの倒置形] 6.only [If only + 仮定法過去完了 (～でさえあったらなあ)]
3 1. With a little more money, you could buy the car.
[if 余分 ／ with：もし～があれば]