1 次の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように（ ）内に適語を入れましょう。
1. When she opened the refrigerator, she found it empty.
( ) the refrigerator, she hound it empty.
2. Because I didn't know what to say, I remained silent.
( )( ) what to say, I remained silent.
3. When it was seen from a distance, it looked like a bear.
( ) from a distance, it looked like a bear.
4. After she had finished her work, she went to shopping.
( )( ) her work, she went to shopping.
5. As night came on, they started for home.
( )( ) on, they started for home.
6. As the weather had not cleared, the boys couldn't start to play tennis.
The weather ( ) having ( ), the boys couldn't start to play tennis.
2 次の( )内を並び替えましょう。(解答解説は下にあります)
( Kerry's mother, we, speaking, optimistic, generally, is, )
① As there was no vacant seat in the bus, I kept standing.
② Not having seen it before, he didn't know what it was.
③ All things considered, she is a lucky girl.
【復習問題②解答】1 1.Opening 2.Not knowing 3.Seen 4.Having finished 5.Night coming 6.not cleared
3.受動態の分詞構文は being seen ⇒ being を省略して、過去分詞 Seen から始めます 4.had finished は主節のwent より時制が古いので、having + 過去分詞 5.Night は主節の主語 they と異なるので残します。6.not は～ing の直前に
2 Generally speaking, Kerry's mother is optimistic.
3 1.There being no vacant seat in the bus, I kept standing.
[There is ～ の分詞構文は、There being という形に]
2. As he had not seen it before, he didn't know what it was.
[As は、Because Since なども可。]
3. If all things are considered, she is a lucky girl.
[If は、When, As なども可。/ all things と considered との間にbeing が省略されています。⇒受動関係の分詞構文]